Monday, May 7, 2012

The Life of the Librarian TIS April 23-27, 2012

In addition to my regular librarian duties, I was additionally occupied by judging student debates (held in the library) and the senior portfolio fair.  As usual, I had a rush of students who needed to work on their portfolios in the library this week. 

I also had to present my ideas on improving the virtual school program in my school.  I'm very overwhelmed by the number of students I have to monitor, and this is made even more difficult by the students who are not good candidates for an independent online learning environment. 

On the technology front, I mostly worked with helping students and teachers use the Apex AP exam review program.  This program is fantastic for AP review.  Students take diagnostics, and then receive customized study plans.  They can later retake the diagnostic to see if they've improved after using the study plan.  AP exams begin the week of May 7, so more people have been interested in using the program this week. 

In addition to addressing general technology problems, I made arrangements to move and install software for Intelliboards and to train teachers in using the Intelliboards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment