I was originally instructed to post to this TIS blog monthly, but that was too much information for one posting, so I began posting every two weeks. Now I'm going to try posting weekly to make each entry easier to read and to help me keep track of my activities.
This week was a short one, only three days because of a snow day. For two days, I worked on administering the COMPASS mathematics test, which is required statewide for students in the college transition math class. This is an adaptive test that provides scores used for placement in college math courses. I spent one day setting up and preparing to give the exam electronically and the second day actually administering the exam and printing the results.
I also spent time this week helping teachers with their WebTop accounts and our new computer lab scheduling system, which utilizes Google Calendar. January is the first month we've used the Google Calendars exclusively, so people who did not set up their accounts earlier were not able to access the lab schedules until they created their WebTop accounts and shared their usernames with me (for calendar access).
On another TIS-related note, over the holiday break, I helped students with a variety of semester projects by communicating with them via Edmodo and email. Some students needed help with documenting their research resources while other only needed help with usernames/passwords for their Edline accounts.
No comments:
Post a Comment