This week was yet another short week because of Monday's holiday. Students began their second semester classes Tuesday, so I was really busy this week with virtual school. I had to enroll many new students, which meant processing their applications, getting email accounts, requesting courses, and ordering textbooks. I also had to contact many students and teachers regarding courses that were not completed on time.
I also spent time providing library orientation for one teacher as well as research skills classes for another teacher who keeps her students all year. (Students in her class struggle with the content area, so they have the class for two semesters instead of only one.)
On the TIS front, I finished assigning Mimio Teach devices and assisted with the training sessions held in my school Friday, January 20. The sessions were led by a Mimio trainer, but I had to assist with the arrangements, paperwork, and distribution of the devices. I also attended the sessions so that I can assist teachers with the equipment later.
This week seemed to be a busy one for technology problems as well. I had to fix computers and data projectors and had to help teachers with setting up their Elmo document cameras.
I also started a new WV Learns course, Supporting Instruction with Web 2.0 tools. I hope to get some great ideas for resources that teachers and I can use with our students.
No comments:
Post a Comment