This week was a short week with an IS day Friday and student programs and assemblies all day Thursday.
This week I agreed to provide three training session for my school district's summer technology academy and had to write the descriptions of the sessions to be used in the registration process. I'm going to present on Google applications, online research databases, and primary source documents.
I continued to work on the Edline blended delivery and action research project as well by posting a discussion board question and an assignment to be completed over spring break, which is next week.
On the IS day Friday, I provided training in GradeQuick and Edline. I showed teachers how to look up access codes, send group emails, customize the reports students and parents see, add content to their classes, and use the new interactive features such as quizzes, discussions, and the homework hand-in, which is a drop box for student submissions. I showed the blended delivery course as well, and offered to provide individual training to teacher who are interested. I wanted to provide the training now instead of next year so that teachers could plan their course sites over the summer. I always liked implementing new tools at the beginning of the school year.
No comments:
Post a Comment