After having Mimio Teach training this past week, teachers in my school seem excited about using all of their new technology, so I spend nearly every spare second I had this week helping them set up all the new tools they've received this year: data projectors, document cameras (Elmos specifically), and Mimio Teach devices. Although only a few people actually got their Mimio Teach devices out and started using them, many teachers wanted help this week just trying to figure out how to connect everything in a way they they don't have to change any cables when they switch from projecting from a computer to projecting from the Elmo. People who did use their Mimio Teach devices generally wanted help installing the software and accessing help files and video tutorials.
I also used technology this week with my library classes. I assisted students with biographical research projects using Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia and Ebscohost Web databases such as MasterFile Premier and TopicSearch. I also assisted students with careers research using the Job and Career Accelerator available through the WV Info Depot (http://wvinfodepot.org).
Much of my week was also taken up by my duties as the virtual school coordinator for my school. I'm still processing enrollment requests, helping students get acclimated to their courses, processing transcripts, and meeting with students who are not working on pace.
No comments:
Post a Comment