I’ve also been working on setting up new computers for teachers and transferring computers among people who used to travel but now have classroom and people who are new to traveling. We’ve recently hired a few new teachers, so classroom assignments have changed. We also just received the new teacher workstations we ordered earlier in the year.
I’ve been trying to solve layout issues in two instructional areas to accommodate technology. The band room and an annex both are used as classrooms but have non-traditional layouts. I’m working to help these teachers rearrange their rooms to accommodate projectors and interactive tools. My school district has purchased Mimio Teach devices for all instructional areas, but this device won’t work in the band room because the data projector image will be so high. I’m working on getting an Interwrite tablet for this room. The room in the annex does not have a wall on which a marker board can be installed (sloped ceilings), and a projector cannot be mounted in this room. I’m trying to figure out if any money can be found to purchase a whiteboard on a stand for this room that can be used in conjunction with a data projector on a cart. Sunday, February 19, 2012
The Life of the Librarian TIS February 6-10, 2012
I spent the majority of my week working on library maintenance and projects to prepare for the upcoming research projects that are about to begin, but I did devote some time to TIS-related activities as well. I’ve been working teacher on incorporating Web 2.0 tools into a language arts teacher’s existing debate unit. I’m proposing that her students work with another classroom in a different region of the United States as they prepare debates on current controversial social issues. When I work with students on this project, I often notice that students have trouble understanding and appreciating diverse perspectives. Collaborating with students their own age in another area of the United States should help make diverse viewpoints more realistic and important. I’m proposing that students use Edmodo to discuss the pros and cons of issues and then use Skype during the debates. I am planning on looking for a project partner through the Edmodo language arts community as well as Skype in the Classroom.
Labels:
February 2012,
P,
SH
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment