I had a very busy week this week, but it was also quite productive. I had two very important meeting to prepare for and attend this week, one meeting for librarians in my school district and one about changes that need to be made to address the growing virtual school program in my school. I'm the virtual school coordinator in my school, and I experienced a four hundred percent increase in enrollment this year. Needless to say, I am finding it more and more challenging to manage the students and classes while also working as a library media specialist and Technology Integration Specialist.
After attending the librarians' meeting, I have decided to submit two or three proposals to present at the state technology conference this summer. I'd like to present on incorporating ebooks into a library collection and using Edmodo in the classroom. I'm considering a third proposal based on technology tools that are useful to school library media specialists.
As far as TIS-related work goes, I joined three science classes on Edmodo. I will be working with them as they complete their semester research projects. Right now, they are working on ideas for their projects, so I posted some resources--print and ebooks available as well as science web sites--to help them get started.
For the first time this semester, my school is offering an ACT preparation class as a block during the school day, so I showed the teacher how to use Learning Express Library with her students. Learning Express Library offers ACT review courses and practice exams.
I also helped a few teachers set up WV Writes classes and SAS accounts in addition to continuing to help teachers with their Mimio Teach devices. (By the way, you must mount your Mimio Teach to the left of the projected image to get it to work correctly!) I also spent some time installing software on teachers' computers (Mimio Studio, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and Symantec).
No comments:
Post a Comment