Monday, March 5, 2012

The Life of the Librarian TIS February 20-24, 2012

During our IS day on Monday, I provided a Mimio Teach training for the members of my faculty who could not attend the original training session.  I spent a great deal of time watching instructional videos to learn about the device and preparing help documents for the teachers.  I found a great guide on the Mimio site that illustrates and labels the bar that attaches to the whiteboard.  Teachers can put this on their whiteboards to use as a reference while they are learning how to use the device. 
I spent time posting information and resources for the new group of science students who are using Edmodo to manage their semester projects.  I really enjoy using this platform, and the students like it as well. 

I'm still trying to find a teacher who will work with me on a blended delivery project.  Most teachers do not want to do this because of lack of lab time and current bandwidth problems in our school.  I still have hopes that I can find at least one teacher who is willing.  (I thought I had completed this project, but the newly-released requirements indicate that my project won't work after all.)

The past week also brought me issues in the form of helping teachers who received new computers learn to use Windows 7 and install their local printers.  I also had to go in to several of these new computer and adjust the settings because of an issue regarding Windows 7 and my school's older Novell server.

I purchased a copy of AB Tutor to help with the monitoring of student computers, but I'm still trying to read through the manual to make sure I set up everything properly before installing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment