Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Life of the Librarian TIS March 12-16, 2012

I continued working heavily with research classes this week, but I did manage to spend a bit of time on TIS-related tasks as well. 

I helped teachers assign tests and retrieve scores in Acuity.  One teacher actually used Acuity to administer the midterm exams for her science classes, which is a fantastic idea. 

I spent some time with my library/TIS web site, including embedding the computer lab schedules so that people can see them without having to sign in to Google Calendar. 

To prepare for next week's online writing assessment, I checked the computer labs for problems and made minor repairs.  I also worked with a county-level computer technician to ensure that the writing assessment program is working properly. 

I shared the SAS interactive writing reviser with one teacher and her students this week as well. 

Finally, I worked alongside an AP English Literature teacher this week on the blended delivery project.  We are using Edline, and I designed three interactive quizzes her students will take this weekend based on their current study of Shakespeare's Hamlet.  We're all eager to see how Edline will report the scores to students and sync the scores with the teacher's gradebook.  

No comments:

Post a Comment