I attended two Professional Learning Community meetings (business department and English department) this week to train the members in using Mimio Teach devices. A trainer from Mimio came to our school in January to train everyone, but I've had an overwhelming amount of requests for small-group and individual training over the past month. I can't seem to get everyone who wants training to attend at the same time, and many people want me to come to their rooms and train them individually.
I also finished my Web 2.0 Tools course via WV Learns this past week. Now that the course has ended, I should be able to devote more time to my 23 Things blog and other TIS assignments.
This week, I also worked with several English classes as they began their research projects. I worked with students on accessing online catalogs, ebooks, and databases as well as finding reliable, credible web sites.
On a final note, I received training in a new technology inventory database. Over the next few months, I need to add information and details to the existing brief records to make the annual Digital Divide report easier to complete. Although it will take time to complete all the records for each item in the database, the new database will make inventory much easier and more accurate. It also has a feature to help with the disposal of old technology items no longer usable.
No comments:
Post a Comment